Foreign Policy Alliance, Inc.
P.O. Box 66234
Houston, Texas 77266-6234
832-495-4372, 832-369-0521 [fax]
Dear Friend of the Foreign Policy Alliance,
As we approach the new year, I’d like to review what the Foreign Policy Alliance has achieved in 2017 as we contemplate future goals.
But before I get into details, let me mention that what we have accomplished has been through a 100% volunteer effort working with a very small budget derived solely from the contributions of our most active supporters.
Please consider adding your financial support either online (click here) or by mail (please make your check payable to Foreign Policy Alliance, Inc., and mail it to our treasurer, Allan Vogel, at P.O. Box 25043, Houston, Texas 77265-5043).
With the Foreign Policy Alliance, we are developing a truly unique coalition of Democrats, Republicans, Conservatives, Liberals, Independents, Greens, and Libertarians, who realize that working together toward a common goal gives us the best opportunity to achieve a more realistic and more effective foreign policy for our country.
Here is a summary of some of the progress we have made this year in building that coalition and spreading our message.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN 2017
Our board and steering committee has been meeting on a monthly basis for planning and organizing. Our major achievements are:
- The Foreign Policy Alliance is now incorporated as a non-profit in Texas;
- We have elected our initial Board of Directors;
- We have filed our application for federal 501(c)3 status;
- We have enlarged and improved our website; and
- We have produced a full-color organizational brochure.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT IN 2017
Our volunteers have been actively bringing our message to the general public through a variety of programs, including:
- Our first speaker event featuring Dr. Lloyd Dumas from UT-Dallas was held at the University of St. Thomas in conjunction with the Center for International Studies;
- We made presentations at all six campuses of Lone Star College;
- Presentations were also made to the Rotary Club of Hermann Park, Great Decisions of West University, Bellaire-Braeswood Democrats, Covenant Baptist Church, and Belmont Village of Hunters Creek;
- We made several radio and television appearances on KPFT FM 90 and Houston Media Source TV.
- We assisted Zachary Neeley in publishing his op-ed on the US role in the Middle East in the Houston Chronicle (click here to view it) and the Foundation for Economic Education (click here to view it), and in being interviewed on KPFT FM 90;
- The Foundation for Economic Education published an op-ed on North Korea authored by FPA Board member Allan Vogel (click here to view it);
- The FPA brochure, including our Resolution, was sent by first-class mail to all members of Congress;
- The FPA Resolution received endorsements from the National Republican Liberty Caucus, the National Libertarian Party, and the Green Party of Harris County;
- The FPA Resolution received endorsements (in 2016 and 2017) from prominent academics including Dr. Gordon Adams, Colonel Andrew Bacevich, Dr. Elizabeth Cobbs, Dr. Jon Dorschner, Dr. Lloyd Dumas, Dr. Ivan Eland, Dr. Jacob Hornberger, Dr. Jason Sorens, Dr. David Vine, and Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson; and
- The FPA Resolution received endorsements (in 2016 and 2017) from a total of 21 Senatorial and Congressional candidates, which included five Democrats, three Republicans, four Greens, six Libertarians, and three Independents.
I think you will agree that the Foreign Policy Alliance has made solid progress during the last year for a volunteer organization with very little funding.
We hope that you will give us the financial support we need to take this grass roots movement to new levels in 2018. Now that we have laid the organizational framework, we can continue our outreach to the general public through presentations and media appearances and writing, and to the numerous political candidates who will be running for House and Senate seats in the 2018 elections.
Here are some ways you can help us develop a new consensus on American foreign policy:
- Make a generous donation today at our website or by mail;
- If you haven’t done so yet, you can endorse the FPA Resolution on our website;
- Call and write and/or visit your two Senators and your Congressman and ask for their support; and
- Ask for endorsements from family, friends, neighbors, and civic and business organizations.
Thank you in advance for your generous support. And best wishes for a happy and safe 2018.
Bob Henschen, President